Thursday, August 25, 2011

How I began...

Okay -so a quick introduction about my savings and why I'm writing this blog... I used to just go to the store and buy items, then complain about how much we'd spent - which I think we all do - and even more so now thanks to the recession.  Which is when I noticed on Sunday's we'd get the "free" paper with coupons etc - it also contained recipes - of which is now another passion of mine - my recipe binder is ridiculously full of recipes we try out found from the paper.  Anyways - I started looking at the coupons, and then I'd just clip ANYTHING I thought we might ever use - I have a small coupon holder that has now become absurdly stuffed and I am now upgrading to my binder.  I often go to the store and my husband would complain "ugh really - why do you use ONE or TWO coupons..." then I showed him how I don't just use ONE or TWO I check out the prices, the sales the deals etc - I write it all down and THEN I go home reorganize my coupons with my little list, and voila....I started saving anywhere from 10-60 PERCENT off our bill.  He was impressed to say the least - then I started going to the websites of our favorite products - you can request coupons etc even get free samples.  I am making this blog because as I receive the "items" I am going to blog about them...fill free to make comments ask questions etc.  I'd love feedback from everyone!!

Thanks!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment